Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day

Here's a picture from our romantic Valentine's Day dinner. Andy made Pork Chops in an Oregano Wine Sauce and we had a lovely dinner by candlelight.

Ok, here's what really happened...

We don't really celebrate Valentine's day, never really have. I think it is better to do nice things all year long than to save up the romance for this one day and then do it because everyone else is and that's what is expected. I was originally supposed to go out with my sis-in-law for dinner but because of the snow we had to reschedule. So, I decided what we were going to have for dinner and got everything ready, then after sledding for half the afternoon I was WAY too tired to cook anything. Andy was kind and willing to do the cooking instead. Both boys were in bed, Connor sleeping and Andy J watching a movie in our bed. Just as dinner was finishing the lights went out. We lost all power. The only thing we could think was "Oh Crap! If it doesn't come back on it time we are going to miss Lost!" So, we lit some candles and took some pictures so as to make it appear that we are some super romantic couple, but I can not tell a lie. Andy J. came downstairs because his movie went off and he sat with us as we ate. Then when the lights came back on we all went to the basement and played CandyLand together. I have to say, it was probably the most romantic Valentine's I have ever had, but not because of fancy food and candles. I was romanced by watching Andy with Andy J. as we played CandyLand. He is so good with our boys. So good at teaching them and showing patience, and I can see the pride and joy in his eyes as he watches them start to understand what we are trying to explain. I am so blessed!

No comments: